The Leo Aguilar Foundation Athletic Scholarship is awarded to a graduating male and female senior students from Los Fresnos High School. Applications to this scholarship can be picked up and turned in to the athletic department at Los Fresnos High School. After the deadline has passed, the coaches of Los Fresnos High School, along with the head coach, will select the two outstanding students who meet the scholarship criteria.
- The scholarship is based on the student's participation in high school and their impact toward leadership, dedication and commitment to academic excellence, which were Leo's trademarks.
- Must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher (Proof of GPA and Rank)
- Official High School Transcript
- Student must provide a copy of registration (at least 12 credit hours)
- Copy of Student Aid Report from the FAFSA
- Submit a one page essay
In order for recipients of any Leo Aguilar Foundation scholarships to redeem their award, the recipient first needs to register for classes. The recipient then needs to contact Juan Aguilar at (956) 206 - 8085 or at his email, firstname.lastname@example.org to meet with him or a representative of the Leo Aguilar Foundation to show them the recipient's schedule of classes as proof of enrollment, and then the recipient will be awarded the first half of the scholarship. For the recipient to receive the second half of the scholarship, the recipient needs to set up a meeting with Juan Aguilar upon completing their first semester in college showing their transcript with PASSING marks in their classes as well as their schedule of classes for the SECOND semester, upon completion of the meeting the recipient will be awarded the second half of their scholarship. A WITHDRAW will void this scholarship.